Vegan chocolate brownies
These sumptuous brownies should be gooey on the inside and crisp on the outside. A perfect indulgence!
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Number of servings: 8
- Difficulty: Medium
- 170g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 170g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 230ml soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and grease an 8-inch cake tin.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl and add the sugar and salt.
- Add the oil, a little at a time, mixing well to avoid lumps. Add the soy milk and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Gently pour into the cake tin and spread out until even. Bake for about 15 minutes and check with a knife (the knife should come out clean when inserted into the brownies 2cm from the edge).
- Allow cooling in the tin for a few minutes before cooling on a wire rack.